Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tom Naughton has ideas on the Rise of Crohn and Colitis in Children

Fat Head � Yes, We’re Aware of Crohn’s and Colitis … So What?: Considering that kids are eating wheat products that contain both more gluten overall and mutant gluten with a protein sequence that never existed until around 40 years ago, I think it’s entirely possible that Crohn’s and colitis are on the rise because kids (and adults) are consuming glutens their bodies can’t handle. These are, after all, auto-immune diseases. It’s not unreasonable to suspect that when these strange glutens seep in our systems, our bodies attack them and end up attacking our own tissues at the same time.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I like this FatHead guy - he's got a bit of a bee in his bonnet :0 *whips out a blood sugar monitor to see how half a cup of rice and an egg roll has affected him * LOL !! Gotta try that one !

SarahP said...

O have been totally tempted to buy a blood sugar monitor. Dad's diebetic so I am sure I could argue that I am testing myself to make sure I don't get to dangerous levels... to but really, it would just so I could make more pretty graphs and learn more about how my body works!

Fathead is fascinating. His video(s) are interesting too.