Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Braised Chicken Thighs - World Famous | Stella Culinary

Braised Chicken Thighs - World Famous | Stella Culinary: Braised chicken thighs are by far one of my favorite things to cook and eat. Working as a chef in an upscale restaurant, serving things like duck pate, prime beef and sous-vide yada yada up the yin yang, all I want to eat on my days off is something simple and comforting. For me, braised chicken thighs always does the trick.

In one of my forum posts I asked the readers to play a game with me, a little game called "the death row meal". It is a game that chefs and cooks have been playing for centuries, a good ice breaker to find out what a fellow food lover is all about.

Well, for me, this is it. If I were to die tomorrow, this is what I would eat tonight. Chicken thighs are the most used muscle of the animal, making it full or all sorts of great flavor. You see, the more exercise an animal’s muscle gets, the more connective tissue and collagen it is able to build up. This makes the cut of meat tough if cooked incorrectly (read seared rare), but if cooked low and slow in a braising liquid, all that collagen and tissue breaks down into gastronomic heaven!
Fe sent me this link, and I have had it opened for months. I wanted to try it for my Birthday celebration, but I accidentally had 14 people over, so I didn't think I had enough frying pan space to attempt this! Having said that though, I did manage to cook 9 T Bones and provide a cream sauce, a new record for me!

No comments: