Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What The Vitamin Industry Does Not Want You To Know � The Mommypotamus

What The Vitamin Industry Does Not Want You To Know � The Mommypotamus: Do you pick up your child’s dinner plate – sigh over the untouched veggies – and then think “oh well, at least he/she takes vitamins!”? Well then, I have good news and bad news. First – and you are going to LOVE me for this – it’s okay if your child doesn’t eat tons of veggies.

I haven't talked about food on this blog much, but I have been thinking about it quite a lot. My diet has slowly shifted over time, moving away from wheat based and/or processed foods and settling firmly into the whole foods camp. It's part low to mod carb diet, part paleo with dairy, and lots of fun.

I've been reading a few articles on food, so I'll start posting them here, and maybe we can get some discussion going. I liked this article I found, as it supports some of the thoughts I have had about food and nutrition. Multivitamins are a processed food, after all, and I've always wondered if they are as useful as people think they are. While the article talks primarily about children, a lot of the discussion is applicable to adults too.

No comments: