Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Salmon, Pickle, and Goat Cheese Pancakes

This morning for breakfast I made pancakes at monkey moo's request. Also at monkey moo's request we had them topped with salmon*.


In addition to the salmon on mine I added some sliced gherkins (the only pickles I could find in the supermarket without preservatives or msg added!) and some shaved kasseri cheese (a hard cheese made from goat and sheep milk). Mmmm... is there anything that goes together better than gherkins and melty cheese?

It was very tasty, but it made me laugh to think that I seem to be displaying outragously cliche pregnant woman food preferences at the moment.

I haven't eaten gherkins for a while, (about a year), because of diet trials and restrictions, so I found the comercial pickles both way too acid and way too sugary in flavour. I am now on a mission to make my own.

*Actually her request was for tuna, which is her favourite food at the moment, but I have secretly replaced our tuna stash with salmon for the increased calcium content.

No comments: