Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

French Manicure Set

Naked Nail with Sticker
 
A friend gave me a French Manicure Set on the weekend, as I love French Manicures when they are done well, and she wasn't having a lot of joy from it. So I bought some more stickers, and when it was time to treat myself, I sat down and did a proper French Manicure for me.

I'm pretty picky about my French Manicures. I hate it when the white tips look like white-out. It should be subtle; it should not be glaringly obviously. If someone spots you have had your nails done, then it's too obvious for me!

White tips done. Some have 2 layers but they all looked the same at the end.
I have tried many professionals, but the one person who's job I liked no longer does them. Once my nails had so much polish on them they looked like acrylics! I wasn't very happy about that at all!

So anyway, I promised photos for those curious about the whole process. I've never used the stickers before, so we were on a Voyage of Discovery, and one that seemed to work out very well.


Stickers removed. The tips are painted and dry, and the inside parts naked.
Drying my nails in my NAIL GADGET!
The creamy pink goes over the the entire nail including the tips
Finally a single coat of clear topcoat.


Verdict: I like the look. It's really shiny too, which is lovely. It seemed to dry very quickly which was a bonus, but since this was the first time I spent a lot of time doing it peice by peice. Next time the whole process should take a lot less time since I will have a better idea of what I am doing. They seem to be hard wearing too - I haven't managed to dent a single one overnight, when usually I end up with sheet marks and dents in any nail polish I apply.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I dream of having such nice nails.