Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Good chook pen? | Green garden | ACF Greenhome

I've always wanted chickens. For various reasons they haven't come just yet - but I figure this is a good thing. When I can keep a garden watered for a whole 12 conistent months, then maybe I will be qualified to keep chickens fed and watered for an equal length of time.

This is a fantastic beginning guide to have chickens. There's a lot of on the job skill with chickens, but for the most part every one who blogs about it talks about how easy it is. Less work than cats or dogs, chickens are fun, productive and useful in the garden.

Personally, I just like watching them interact with each other and play in the garden. The eggs would be an awsome bonus!

Good chook pen? | Green garden | ACF Greenhome
 

2 comments:

Mary Ann Sulc-Davis said...

Interact and play!! Are you kidding??? The are horrid to each other, unless they are real friends, and I have seen that, mutual grooming etc. I have an enormous yard, and then they are let out as well, but the original group pursue and mercilessly peck the new chooks, and when i got a rooster to alter the pecking order, they ganged up on him and beat the shit out of him as well!!
And the reason we have acres of wire? To keep the varmits out of the garden!!

SarahP said...

LOL
You're ruining my romantic notions...

Still sounds better than Bold and Beautiful (though similar sort of storyline, really!)