Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Month of Food--Post 3


Started the day with coffee as usual.

The best thing about my morning coffee is that I know that it is part of the way my beloved expresses his affection for me. The second best thing is that I usually take it as an opportunity to collect my thoughts for the day while sitting in this awesome radio chair that we picked up at an auction several years ago.






Then morning fruit.


I broke the rules at lunch time and had this delicious banana bread (bad fruit/starch combo) but it was sooo delicious looking that I chose not to resist--and it tasted as good as it looked :)



A little later on I added a salad--this was made of some left over roast veggies diced up and added to some fresh greens and herbs that came from a friends garden, some olive oil and a little salt and pepper.



Dinner was greens from my garden plus some kale, sauteed with a little water, a massel stock cube and a handful of sprouted mung beans. Some steamed veggies and a small serve of gnocchi with a rather large helping of sauce left over from the other night's pasta.


I love lightly cooked mung beans, they seem to fill the same spot as corn kernels for me, but milder and less starchy tasting.



No, really, there *is* gnocchi under there, honest!

1 comment:

SarahP said...

Aww yum that looks awesome too! When you comeover next we can work on cooking together. I am always looking for awesome ways to cook greens (no bacon for you though! LOL) and vegies in general. I love greens though.